Wednesday, November 12, 2014

National Adoption Month!



November is National ADOPTION Month! ~ How has adoption touched you? 

Adoption has touched me all my life. I know many people in my life who are adopted....or have adopted....or are in the process of adopting. 

Ever since I was a young girl, I dreamed of adopting. Some days, our own adoption seems too incredible for me to believe its really happening! But, we really are adopting! What an incredible opportunity we have! 

I have always believed adoption to be one of the most beautiful love stories. CHOSEN to be loved?! That's pretty remarkable! What a beautiful illustration of God's LOVE for us! (Eph 1:5; Gal 4:5-6; Gal 3:26; I John 3:1; Psalm 27:10; Isiah 49:15) 

Also, we believe that God clearly asked us to care for orphans and that we can make a difference in the orphan crisis...even just ONE CHILD AT A TIME.

~Hosea 14:3 - "In you the orphan finds mercy."
 

~James 1:27 - "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God means caring for orphans."

~Matthew 18:5 - "And anyone who welcomes a little child on my behalf is welcoming me."

~Isaiah 1:17 - "Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans."

Not everyone is able to adopt. That's ok! God has a different calling for everyone. But everyone can be supportive and encouraging of those who can.

For us, our calling is to raise our children to LOVE God and others and help the helpless. To us, that means a special needs child. We have been called specifically to adopt. God has given us the capacity to love another child and until he/she comes home, there will be a void in our hearts. 

Thank-you for taking the time to follow our journey. What a journey it has been! We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in the end. In spite of the emotions and stress of it all, we have already been blessed throughout the process...can't wait to see what happens next!  




No comments:

Post a Comment